RSS Feed

Round 1 People’s Choice Voting – Start!!

Posted by flyin' on Tuesday, July 6, 2010 in Opinion, Round 1

IC1-Peoples-Choice
(Thanks Phoenix for providing the source image for this banner!)

Round 1 Immunity Challenge is now CLOSED. We received a whopping total of 20 entries! Thanks to all the participants for your enthusiasm this round :D

While Jay and I deliberate on the immunity challenge winner for this round – and rest assured there will be much tearing of hair and agonizing over this decision as all the entries look great – we would like YOU, the Paper People, to cast your votes for your favorite “Blue” walls! The waller with the highest number of People’s Choice votes will receive +5 points to be added onto his or her elimination challenge score, so vote wisely!

UPDATE: Due to the sheer number of immunity entries entered this round (we only expected like, two or three walls to be entered for this lol), Jay and I decided to also give bonus points to the second and third place “People’s Choice” winners 8) The 1st place winner will still receive +5 to their elimination challenge score, but the 2nd place winner will receive +4, and 3rd place +3. Sooo keep voting! Get your friends to vote if you have to ;)

Voting will end on July 8, 11:59PM EDT (GMT -4). You may cast up to 5 votes, and check out all the entries in the Round 1 Gallery.

In your opinion, which of these entries are the best "blue" walls?

• Journey to The Blue World by ala21ddin21 (30%, 42 Votes)
  • I feel Blue - In this Strange Blue Room by Yina (27%, 38 Votes)
  • Arcanum Paradisus by storm-and-fire (26%, 36 Votes)
  • The Lost Empire by Milfeulle30 (19%, 26 Votes)
  • Wait by jubjub (16%, 22 Votes)
  • Cold Tunes by darkliam (15%, 21 Votes)
  • ReListen by Dignity (12%, 17 Votes)
  • Rain by Fran (11%, 16 Votes)
  • Give Me Symphonies by ze (10%, 14 Votes)
  • Turning Blue by Deto15 (9%, 13 Votes)
  • Da Ba Dee, Da Ba Die by Horseradish (9%, 12 Votes)
  • ....no feeling blue by StormFangs (8%, 11 Votes)
  • The deep blue heart by yuukine (8%, 11 Votes)
  • Light up by lifeissimple (6%, 9 Votes)
  • True Blue Symphony by Valuna (6%, 9 Votes)
  • Take The Robot Out Again by kawaii-chicken (3%, 4 Votes)
  • Napping time... by Albel-Ryuuji (3%, 4 Votes)
  • ( Halcyon Days ) Loving you Five times..... by Xyrick (3%, 4 Votes)
  • System Crash by octofly (2%, 3 Votes)
  • Into The Blue by Mysticmom2 (1%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 140

Loading ... Loading ...

Bring on the comments

1. storm-and-fire says:

I disagree. I don´t think anyone had fun here. What they had was the realization that people´s choice is about how many friends you can get to vote for you. For me, when there´s no fair play, there´s no fun.

Anyways, what´s done is done. Congrats to everybody for their efforts.

2. Mysticmom2 says:

Yay I got 2 votes! Awesome job everyone. :D

3. Gideon says:

@TMWildcard: That’s kind of how People’s Choice goes. It’s all for fun, I wouldn’t worry about it. There are better things to worry about, like kicking wallpaper butt. ;)

4. 4 minutes left.

:X

5. The Mysterious Wildcard says:

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think it’s fair to ask your friends to vote for you; it’s kind of like cheating. That way, people don’t vote for your wall because they like it and think it’s good/best, but because you’re their friend. I don’t think that’s right and fair to others who don’t do the same perhaps. *shrugs*

I dunno. Just my two cents. :3

6. highknees says:

damn. imma get raped

7. Jay says:

I agree it really was unfortunate we couldn’t add Phoenix’s entry =/. Wish we could change it, but since the rules were already set beforehand, it’s kinda hard to change it 3/4 of the way through Round 1 :(
    *extra large cookie for you Phoenix*

8. Phoenix says:

@storm-and-fire – Thanks for the support, but I believe the rules were the wallpaper had to follow AP rules/guidelines… So if it’s not in the gallery, it didn’t follow it. XD No biggie. Let this be a lesson to us all! :P

9. Dream says:

a lot of great entries. i voted on my top 4. only 4.5 days till the elimination challenge deadline draws near. crawls back to the lab…

@Pam- macs kick-ass. ^^

10. I think it’s wrong that Phoenix’s entry was not accepted. Just because it’s not from an official scan, that doesn’t mean it’s not a wall. It just wouldn’t be accepted in the AP gallery. But I don’t think there were any rules broken that wouldn’t allow Phoenix to go for the immunity.
    I don’t know if there’s something I’m missing. >.<

11. flyin' says:

Actually I was trying to figure that out earlier but couldn’t quite get it, but when I looked at it again just now I figured it out in like, five seconds :p It’ll still display the results once you finished voting, but people who haven’t voted yet won’t be able to see the “view results” link any more ^^

12. Deto says:

To be honest, I think that voting like this should have results hidden until the end >.<

Still, made my votes, nice entries everyone.

13. Pam says:

P.S. ALSO FFFFFUUUUU/RAGE FOR MY MACS AUTOFILLLLL.

14. I CONCUR HORSERADISH, I CONCUR.

A+ for everyone’s awesome skills.

15. Horseradish says:

MERLIN’S BEARD!!!

It’s so hard to decide! (X__X)

Anyway, I’ve taken my pick now—-so sorry for the others who are my faves too but we can only vote for 5 entries. =|

I congratulate in advance whoever’s going to win this Immunity challenge. XD

Love the banner BTW! <3

It's a shame that it really can't be counted as an entry though—-it's also one of my faves. ^^v