Theme: “Where’s Waldo?”
Deadline: 11:59PM EDT (GMT -4) on August 7, 2010
Round Coordinator: flyin’
Remember the Where’s Waldo books? Where you turn the page and whoever finds Waldo first (geeky-looking boy wearing glasses and a striped shirt) in the organized, but chaotic crowd of people wins the game?
This theme is based on a similar idea, with a different kind of Waldo – pick a small (mascot) character from any series, and hide it in your wall.
Some examples of characters to “hide” might be:
- Pino from Ergo Proxy
- Mao, the black cat from Darker than Black
- Mokona from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
- Ein the dog or Edward (Ed) from Cowboy Bebop
- Torii from Gundam Seed
Remember to keep your character visible enough that they can be found, but not too visible so that the game’s too easy.
The setting for your wall is where you can get really creative! You can use more than just a crowd of people – as long as it’s a situation where you have to “find” your Waldo, that’s fine. Some examples for settings could be a crowded town, a jungle, or an ocean floor. Not to say you HAVE to go the detailed/scenic route with your wall – think outside the box and hide a character using your preferred style!
This theme is pretty straightforward, so no accompanying descrips this time! The only things we want to know from you are which character you hid and the original scans that you used. Also, please also include an unsigged “answer wall” with your hidden mascot circled in red so the uber-judges could reference as needed.
- yina vs albel-ryuuji
- milfeulle30 vs felesya
- yuukine vs chanelqueen17
- x-angel-0 vs moutonzare
- StormFangs vs kawaii-chicken
- red-eclipse vs storm-and-fire
- TheMajor vs Deto15
- dalarty vs tsu
- ze vs chibimisao
- alenas vs octofly
Elimination Challenge Rules Recap:
- Entries must be a minimum of 1600×1200 (standard) or 1920×1200 (widescreen) res
- Entries must be NEW
- Email a sigged AND unsigged version of your wallpaper to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any links to the original scan(s) used. Please also include an unsigged “answer wall” which shows the hidden mascot circled in red.
- You may NOT submit your wallpapers to comms, personal websites, or anywhere on the internets until judging is complete and round results are announced.
- Early submissions are always welcome
- Late submissions will receive a -5 point deduction per day
- Late submissions will NOT be accepted more than three days after the round deadline.
If for whatever reason you can’t participate in an elimination round, please contact the Round Coordinator and let her know you won’t be able to submit a wall, no later than FIVE days after the round theme is announced. This is so we can invite a Secret Wildcard Agent to take your place!
Note: I’ll be moving on July 17th, and probably won’t have internet access until July 23rd. Any urgent questions you have regarding the round theme in the interim should be directed to Jay, or emailed to email@example.com.